Oh my goodness, your life is about to change! Enter my Wild Orange and Cinnamon Bliss Balls. Raw, Vegan, Sugar-free and full of nature’s wholesome goodness. I absolutely love infusing my food with essential oils. The fun in the kitchen is endless, so today I got a bit creative with my cinnamon and orange essential oils. Throwing in some other ingredients from my pantry, this is the result. And I must admit, this is definitely my new fave raw treat!
Using essential oils in food is a great way to maximize the flavor while providing your body with the incredible healing benefits they provide. The medjool dates and maple syrup provide the natural sweetest without needing any processed sugar. All those healthy fats from the almonds and natural peanut butter make this a filling and substantial snack. Adding the chia seeds and goji berries give this recipe that added superfood ‘umphh’!
Wild Orange and Cinnamon Bliss Balls
Yields: 26 Bliss Balls
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 25 medjool dates
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 5 drops Wild Orange essential oil
- 3 drops Cinnamon essential oil
- Blitz 1 cup almonds in food processor until crumbs
- Place pitted and chopped dates into food processor and process for 1 minute until slightly combined
- Add remaining ingredients and process until mixture for 3 minutes or until smooth
- Roll dough into bite size balls and place on baking tray lined with wax paper
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to set
- Store in air-tight container and keep in fridge
These are a perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth without any of the guilt!
* Please note that not all essential oils are created equally. The brand I use and trust is 100% Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade. Due to the purity and rigorous third-party testing, the oils are safe to ingest as specified on the bottle ‘for dietary use’. If you want to find out more about the oils I use and love, please email me: MariposaMoment [at] gmail [dot] com, and I’ll help you try some for yourself!